Past Work

My Blog List

Saturday 29 December 2012

Cocktail Hour - The Little Black Dress

Embellishment - lace & leather, positioned for maximum effect & to flatter

A perfect fit & still comfortable



I have just had my works Christmas party and as I was the new girl, i was unsure of what to wear. (I work for an accountancy practice part time as well as my own label clothes making). I wanted to show what I do outside the office so decided to make my own little black dress.

This is the finished result, A duchesse satin black dress with a boned bustier style top & side sweeping wiggle skirt complete with split back. As you can see, I am on the "curvy' side so I used boning to scaffold a few curves into place. The bustier is finished with lace & leather embelishment as well as just a few crystals to keep the detailing subdued.

No comments:

Post a Comment