Past Work

My Blog List

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Doges Column Dress - Aqua


Well I really should be finishing my dissertation however, I really needed a break and missed actually designing rather than writing or manipulating fabrics and images as part of a research file. 

This is just a quick sketch I made of a fluid silk dress whose design was inspired by the columns of Venice and the windows of the Doges Palace. The centre fabric is a copyrighted design by yours truly which I featured earlier in the blog. It was the result of a watercolour of the sea which I painted and then manipulated on CAD.

The clasp is inspired by not only the decorative windows of the Doges palace, but a vintage broach I bought myself just before Christmas.

Right well I best get back to my dissertation for now

xx The Vintage Dressmaker xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment